In this article, I list my top 50+ fun things to do with kids. This list has some common favorites as well as some fun activities you won’t find anyplace else. This list will be continuously updated so check back periodically for more tips.
If you have some fun activities you’d like to share, post them in our comments section. I’ll add the best shares to the article.
50+ Fun Things to do With Kids
Sure, you can buy these items from the store but its much more fun to prepare these items at home:
- Bake cookies.
- Bake and decorate cupcakes.
- Make a pizza.
- Make ice cream sundaes.
- Make hot dogs and french fries.
Challenges and competitions.
For these activities, give the kids a challenge to complete (such as drawing their favorite family member), then let the family choose the winners.
- Drawing/painting challenge.
- Photo contest.
- Poetry challenge.
- Dance contest.
- Clay sculpting challenge.
- Lego building challenge.
- Have a talent show.
- Have a magic trick contest.
These activities are both fun and may help
- Go on a neighborhood walk.
- Go walking at a local mall.
- Go bike riding.
- Go swimming.
- Do an exercise class together.
All hands on deck for some constructive fun:
- Spring cleaning.
- Team snow shoveling and removal!
- House painting and decorating.
- Yard sale.
- Wash the family dog.
- Hand-wash the family car and/or minivan.
Fun when money is no object.
Here are some fun things to do with kids that will cost you a bit of money:
- Go to a movie theater.
- Go to a self-service ice cream shop.
- Go to IHOP for breakfast.
- Have dinner at a family buffet restaurant.
- Go to Dave & Buster’s.
- Play mini-golf.
- Go to a skating rink.
- See a live performance (play, circus, etc.).
- Go to a ball game.
- Visit your local zoo.
- Go to an aquarium.
- Visit museums or historical sites.
- Go to an amusement park.
- Go on a family trip
Putting the kids to work.
Here are some fun ways to make money with the kids.
- Yard sale.
- Lemonade stand.
- Lawn mowing.
- Dog walking.
- Hand-wash your neighbors’ cars.
Advanced fun ideas.
These activities require a little more effort from the parents but can provide a unique experience for the kids:
- Create a treasure hunt or scavenger hunt.
- Create a music video.
- Film an exercise class.
- Shoot a short film.
- Create an obstacle course in your yard or at a local park.
- Create a family Facebook group and page.
- Create a family blog or a YouTube channel.
Leave a Reply